The Federal Civil Rights Law passed in 1972 as part of the Education Amendments.
This law protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive Federal financial assistance.
LEC Title IX Coordinator
Director of Federal & Academic Programs
LEC Title IX Team
Coordinator - V. Burrows
Investigator - V. Srivastava, J. Smith, D. Fletcher, D. Sullivan
Decision Makes - R. Fowler, E. Cheek
Appeals - M. Zachary
Informal Resolutions - R. Fowler, E. Cheek
Reporting Harassment and/or Discrimination
- Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment.
- The report can be made in person, by mail, by phone, or by email to the LEC Title IX Coordinator.
- The report can be made at any time of the day or weekend.
Next Steps After Filing a Report
- After a report of sexual harassment has been made, the Title IX Coordinator will:
- reach out to the complainant
- provide supportive measures
- discuss the grievance policy
- offer the opportunity for the complainant to file a formal complaint
- If a formal complaint is filed, the investigation process will begin