The Legacy Early College Elementary School has adopted a core value system, PRIDE, for all members. PRIDE stands for:
Legacy Early College Elementary School believes in the power of a group of individuals united by the same core values. These core values guide what we do each and every day. At LECES we believe that we are a family, a Lion PRIDE, and that all members of our family must adhere to these values so that we can all succeed.
Part of being a college-bound scholar is demonstrating key social skills inside and outside of the classroom. These soft skills allow for positive relationship building, a key component in success not only in our scholars academic lives but their social lives as well. The following social skills are explicitly taught and reinforced throughout the year. Parents will see these social skills referenced on the daily behavior tracker sent home on the purple folder to be signed each night.
Core Social Skills:
- Paying Attention
- Following Instructions
- Getting the Teacher’s Attention
- Accepting Feedback
- Accepting No
- Ask Permission
PRIDE House System and PRIDE Points
Every scholar and teacher in Legacy Early College Elementary School is placed into one of our PRIDE Houses upon first entering the school. Our five houses are Ausdauer (Black), Rispetto (Orange), Integrite (Blue), Umanzi (Red), and Ubora (Blue). Each house stands for one of our PRIDE core values and meets each month as a house to learn about our core value of the month as well as discuss other house matters. The 5 houses compete each nine weeks to earn house points and the house with the most points each quarter is awarded the house cup and receives a celebration. Parents are encouraged to become members of a house and become part of that family within our greater Legacy Family.
PRIDE points will be awarded to scholars for Habits of Scholarship (see below) as well as for acts that exemplify one of our core values. These points will be used as a criteria for scholars to earn weekly or monthly incentives including, but not limited to, Fun Friday, field experiences, choice time, and special treats. Points will be tracked using Class Dojo so parents will always be aware of how many PRIDE points their scholar is earning.
Uniform Dress Code
Legacy Early College Elementary School is a school with consistent Uniform Dress Code. We believe uniforms serve the purpose of growing respectable citizens striving for future college success. Uniforms show school pride and create an environment that focuses on academic rigor. Scholars must arrive at school dressed properly according to the LECES dress code and must remain in dress code until leaving campus. A uniform check will occur each morning and at will. If the scholar’s uniform is not appropriate for the school day, the scholar’s parent will be called. The parent will be asked to bring the missing item to school as soon as possible. If the parent is unable to bring the item to school, the item will be purchased at the school store and charged to the parent. Dress code violation phone calls will be made daily.
The standard scholar attire is:
- Grades K-4 should wear purple or gold collared polo shirts with the Legacy logo
- Khaki pants that fit at the waist and not below, OR
- khaki shorts, skorts, or capris with belt loops that are knee length or below (no embellishments, designs, or contrasting accent colors)
- Khaki pants must fit at the waist. No green, brown, white, or other colors are accepted as “khaki.”
- No baggy pants, no sag, not too tight, and not tucked into socks
- Shirts tucked in at all times
- Scholars may wear only solid colored shirts underneath their polos (short-sleeve or long-sleeve). Writing and/or designs should not be visible through polo
- Sneakers ONLY –any color is acceptable. No flip-flops, dress shoes, boots, sandals, house shoes, etc. are allowed
- Parents may also purchase long-sleeved Legacy polos or Legacy sweaters at the front desk
- Scholars may earn Gold Honor Polos every 9 weeks for showing academic or character excellence. Scholars may earn fleece College Bound jackets for showing academic excellence the whole year. Gold Honor Polos and fleece College Bound jackets may only be earned not purchased.
- Dress uniform may be worn for special occasions only. The dress uniform consists of a white collared shirt, tie, and sleeveless Legacy vest with black skorts for girls and black dress pants for boys and black dress shoes. Dress uniforms can only be earned not purchased.
- No glitter, bandanas, hats, scarves, caps, head wraps, etc.
**Scholars and Parents should make every effort to ensure that the uniform shirts and pants are cleaned regularly. Torn, damaged, or worn clothing is not accepted and will require replacement. School personnel will call home to talk with parents when there is a concern about torn or damaged clothing that needs immediate replacement.
What to Leave Home
The following items should not be brought to school:
- Toys, playing cards, dice, baseball or similar trading cards
- Anything of value such as nice, expensive jewelry, watches, etc.
- Money, other than what is needed to purchase items from the school store or to pay for field experiences
- Cameras, radios, recorders, cell phones, iPods, and other electronic devices
- Knives, matches, lighters
- Play guns, bullets, etc.
- Cell Phones
- Fidget Spinners
***Legacy Early College Elementary School and Employees are NOT responsible for personal items brought to school and lost, damaged, or destroyed. Should such items become a distraction or cause a disruption to instruction, they will be confiscated and parents may come to the school to pick them up.