My classes are going very well and I have a good routine of balancing work with taking breaks as needed. The classes that I am most excited about are my animal science classes that go with my major. I am currently involved in 6 organizations on campus and I have recently applied to become an Honors intern and an Aggie Brand Ambassador for North Carolina A&T.
Every Graduate To and Through College
At Legacy Early College, it's our vision to see each high school graduate go to and through college.
Every year, Campbell Young Leaders will fund scholarship grants to graduates of LEC under these terms:
- A graduate of LEC who attends a college, as defined below*, will be entitled to a scholarship grant of $1,000/year, payable $500 upon enrollment at college each semester, provided that such graduate maintains a grade point average of at least 2.5 at such college.
- A cumulative maximum of $4,000 may be awarded to an individual graduate of LEC under this program.
- Scholarships are only available to graduates of LEC in the 4 years following their graduation.
- An applicant for said scholarship must authorize their college to have a Legacy Early College representative verify the applicant’s attendance and grade point average.
- Scholarships shall not be granted to immediate family members of employees, officers or directors of CYL or to family members of substantial contributors to CYL.
- CYL reserves the right to amend, modify or cancel this scholarship program at any time.
* For purposes hereof, “college” includes only those educational organizations described in Section 170(b)(1)(A)(ii) of the Internal Revenue Code.
For more information on how you can become involved with our alumni, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LaTira is attending Johnson & Wales University in Charlotte, NC and majoring in Baking and Pastry Arts. Additionally, she is interning with Small Cakes Cupcakery. When LaTira completes her program in December, she will begin working on her Business degree. Here is what she had to say about her current program:
“I really love the program! They have very high standards which push me harder. It has been a journey that I am proud of.”
Samiya completed an internship in the aerospace industry at Spirit Aerosystems. Upon completion of her internship, she was offered a job at their headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, where she will serve as the Integrated Business Team Leader under the two government classified programs in their Defense and Space sector. As she awaits government clearance, Samiya will be working towards her Master’s degree in Business Administration in Houston, Texas.
“Legacy has helped me become the person I am now and be a successful person. Legacy is the best school to go to right now if you really want to see yourself succeed.”