Power Hour, Legacy Early College’s after-school tutorial program, commences Monday, September 17th, 2108.
This year, Power Hour will be two hours long, from 4:00-6:00 PM in the Media Center, with dinner served from 5:30-6:00 PM in the cafeteria. Power Hour will feature ACT and subject-specific tutorials, as well as opportunity for Seat Time recovery via Edgenuity, if needed. Scholars are expected to be on time, and sign in and out on the computer in order to receive credit. Transportation will also be available.
If your scholar is interested in attending Power Hour, and transportation is needed, please complete and return the Power Hour Bus Request form to Ms. Stone in the high school front office. Please allow transportation at least 24 hours to make accomodations. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the 2018-2019 Power Hour Coordinator, Mrs. Brandi Babb via email at firstname.lastname@example.org ,or via phone at (864) 397-0978.
Based on research conducted by Durlak, Weissberg and the William T. Grant Foundation, 2007.
Purpose: To provide intense skill development and necessary homework help in language arts, mathematics, and science. The Power Hour Program is an integral component of our strategic plan to improve EOC/HSAP scores, promotion rates, preparation for Early College placement and the graduation rate.
- Scholars preparing to re-take exams for mastery
- LECHS scholars in danger of not reaching 80% mastery in one or more core subject classes and/or as referred by teachers, guidance, parents, or administration,
- scholars on academic probation,
- scholars needing extra help referred by teachers, and
- upper classmen who need extra help in preparation for HSAP/COMPASS-/SAT/ACT Exams.
- Cost: none