message from the middle school principal
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year!
Legacy Early College Middle School serves as the bridge from elementary school to high school on a scholar’s journey to college. Like a bridge, our purpose is to support scholars alongside their parents/guardians, and connect them to resources while preparing them for high school, college, and the world beyond.
LECMS Teachers & Staff commit to:
- Making every minute matter
- Planning and executing rigorous lessons to prepare scholars for success
- Doing whatever it takes for scholars to learn
- Communicating with parents/guardians through emails, phone calls, and Google Classroom
- Regularly updating academic and behavioral progress via PowerSchool and Kickboard
LECMS Parents/Guardians can join us in this commitment by:
- Ensuring your scholar arrives at school on time or boards the bus at the scheduled time
- Reviewing your scholar’s homework every night
- Ensuring your scholar is in uniform
- Encouraging your scholar to follow rules so as to protect the safety, interests and rights of themselves and others
- Checking your scholar’s academic and behavioral progress weekly via PowerSchool and Kickboard
LECMS Scholars can join us in this commitment by embodying our core values:
- Perseverance-Not giving up until at least 80% mastery is attained
- Respect- Listening and following directions the first time they are given
- Integrity-Telling the truth
- Discipline-Being responsible for one’s own behavior
- Excellence-Working, thinking and behaving in the best way
The success of a scholar rests on the shoulders of the school, parent/guardian, and scholar. When all three work together in unison, the possibilities are endless! Let’s work together to lay a strong foundation of culture and communication to produce unparalleled academic excellence.
The success of a scholar rests on the shoulders of the school, parent/guardian, and scholar. When all three work together in unison, the possibilities are endless!
- Student Council
- Bike Club
- Step Up Team
- Newly renovated classrooms
- Nationally recognized Dining Hall and wellness program
- State-of-the-art Media Center
- World-class collegiate Soccer Field, Gym, and two-court arena
LECMS scholars are preparing to be college-ready from the moment they enroll.
Our middle school scholars are taught specific college-ready study, organization and time-management skills which are often taught to college freshmen in "Freshman-Success" courses. Your Legacy scholar will have the opportunity to advance her program of study according to her own individual strengths, even going to the grade-levels above her own to take courses for which she qualifies. Since every scholar at Legacy is a college-bound scholar, we don't believe in a one-size-fits-all curriculum.
Technology ratio per scholar
45mins a day per every scholar
2 HS Credits
can be earned by 8th grade scholars
based on scholarly behavior
Nut free environment and allergy friendly
Become a Lion
Make a Difference